It is with the deepest regret that we inform you that Phillip R. Scott, our friend and colleague, passed away on Saturday, June 20, 2020 inCambria Heights, New York. Phil was the Vice President and Deputy General Counsel at National Grid for over six years. and heavily involved in the NELC since the earliest days of the organization. Phil was very active in his community and church, was an active baseball fan and had a passion for philanthropic endeavors.
Darrell Gay, former President of NELC, reflects: Phil joined my firm Gay, Maher & Brown in 1993. He had been working as an in-house counsel for Long Island Lighting when I met him at a PLI program. He worked with my firm for four years handling a host of matters ranging from traditional labor to employment litigation to day to day counsel and advice for a multitude of profit and non-profit clients. Our relationship continued over the years with Phil being both my friend, and in his role with his company, my client. I also admired his commitment to the community and his role as a mentor and sponsor of other attorneys of color. His passing was a shock, which I still have trouble accepting, but I know that he has earned his entitlement to everything God has promised upon our passing. He will truly be missed.
Rafael E. Medina In-House Scholarship
Thank you to those
who have contributed $1,000 or more!
- Connie Foutts - Ogletree Deakins
- Richard Amador - Sanchez & Amador
- Gary Lafayette - Lafayette & Kumagai
- Donald Prophete - Constangy Brooks, Smith & Prophete
- Nigel F. Telman - Proskauer
- Stacey Campbell - Campbell Litigation
- Barbara L. Johnson - BLJohnsonLaw PLLC
- Steven Wall – Morgan Lewis
- Keith Frazier – Ogletree
- María Leggett - AutoZone
- Laura Maechtlen - Seyfarth Shaw
- Valerie Manos
- Jon Linas - Jones Day
- Reena R. Bajowala - Ice Miller
- Kendric Cobb - Morton Salt, Inc.