Supervisory Equal Opportunity Specialist (Assistant District Director) Dallas, Texas
This position is located in Dallas, TX District Office of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). The purpose of OFCCP is to enforce the contractual promise of affirmative action and equal employment opportunity required of those who do business with the federal government.
- Directs staff and participates in complex compliance reviews of federal contractor's equal employment opportunity and affirmative action policies and practices.
- Within national office (NO) and Regional Office (RO) guidelines, ensures that staff conducts detailed and comprehensive analyses of federal contractors' affirmative action programs, total employment procedures and practices to determine responsiveness to federal procurement and equal employment opportunity (EEO) laws, executive orders, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Directs and participates in complex investigations.
- Participates in negotiations and other matters relating to the resolution of discrimination violations.
- Develops and maintains contact with stakeholders to include contractors, union representatives and groups, community, public, and private groups in the geographical area for the purpose of explaining and fostering cooperation with OFCCP programs.
- Prepares periodic and special reports on operational performance for higher authority. This includes briefings with recommendations on problem cases.
OFCCP enforces E.O. 11246, as amended; Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended. These laws ban discrimination and require Federal contractors or subcontractors to take affirmative action to ensure that all individuals have an equal opportunity for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
525 S Griffin St
Dallas, TX 75202-5092