Employment Law Counsel
About the job
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo. We are looking for a lawyer with experience in US employment law. This lawyer will play an important role in the Global Litigation Legal team based in either New York or Los Angeles and will work on complex and novel matters.
About the Team:
Our Global Legal team provides key support for all TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok Global Legal team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright and capable legal professionals to join the team. As a subject matter expert team in the Global
Legal department, the Global Litigation team handles matters involving TikTok in all the regions in which TikTok operates, including US employment law matters. The following describes the responsibilities and requirements for the role.
- Provide advice and counsel on all aspects of employment law to TikTok's operations in the US.
- Manage special projects involving US employment law.
- Advise HR on day-to-day advice and counsel issues, such as terminations, reasonable accommodations, and organizational matters.
- Supervise investigative teams and ensure proper privilege practices and guidance for TikTok.
- Support and collaborate with colleagues on the company's strategy for employment disputes.
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school.
- Minimum of 7 years of employment law experience in private practice or a corporate legal department with a highly regarded firm or organization.
- Ability to research complex legal questions.
- Demonstrated judgment, personal integrity, discretion regarding confidential matters, and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Member in good standing of the New York or California bar association or another bar association with the ability to register as in-house counsel in New York or California.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too. TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Recruiting.Corp@tiktok.com.